Amish Inspired Quilts for Today's Home - A Formal Affair

In my research on the Amish and their quilts I learned that not every community uses black.  In fact, most only shun away from what they consider "modern" fabrics and may adopt more mainstream fabrics such as a calico print.

For this quilt I decided to take a more monochromatic approach in my fabric selections. I then chose a periwinkle for the back ground. I also decided to use a 6-pointed start instead of a more traditional 8-pointed star. I had actually created this pattern a while ago and thought it would fit nicely into the book, and many of you have been asking for the pattern.

For this quilt I used Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton for the back ground solid and Free Spirit Fabric's Tula Pink Parisville for the main prints. Quilting by David Hurd. You can pre-oder from C&T Publishing.


Comments

mumbird3 said…
Wow dynamite quilt!!!