Quilt Market: Day 1

Well, I would label the first day here in Houston as a success.  I met a lot of shop owners and quilters and was able to talk about my book 'Stars and Strips Forever', class and patterns.  I was able to make some great contacts with some members of a local quilt guild looking for instructors and lecturers.  One of the shop owners I met was from the Atlanta area, we discussed fabric (of course I had to mentions Tula Pink and Jason Yenter), retreats and teaching.
I attended the Sample Spree last night, what a wild evening.  Shop owners, designers and general buyers hustling to get the newest fabric samples for their shops. I was a personal satisfaction to me when vendors saw the name of my company and recognized the name! Guess my marketing errors are paying off big time!

Comments