Spring Quilt Market 2012

What an awesome event.  This was my first time for attending Quilt Market.  My adventure started out with the Sample Spree.  A hectic evening to scramble to get samples of up coming fabrics by many fabric companies.  I scored a lot of great fabric (and probably spent way more that I should have).  I am looking forward to using these fabrics in upcoming projects.
I was also able to meet with the publisher for my upcoming book.  I will have the cover photo and release date in August.  I was also to meet with many fabric companies and designers.  One great outcome of the meetings; I will be designing a quilt for one major manufacture to use in their booth at Fall Market in Houston. 
Also released were two fabric lines from one of my favorite designers, Tula Pink.  Her just released Nightshades and upcoming Birds and the Bees are fabulous lines.  I can't wait to see what she has in store for Fall Market.
I also had the chance to meet with many of the Quilt magazine publishing companies and I will begin submitting patterns to them also.
All in all, it was a great weekend here in Kansas City and the Spring Quilt Market.  I am looking forward to Fall Market in Houston.

Comments