Stash Building 101

Quilt shows are a great place to find fabric, books and notions.  The AQS show in Des Moines was no exception. With many vendors, the pickings were awesome.  This is also a time to venture out to the local quilt shops to see what is popular in a different region of the US.  I always spend at least one day traveling to as many quilt shops as possible, my own mini shop hop!

So, what do I look for when building my stash?  I find colors and designers that I love, something unusual or something that I haven't seen in my local shops. Sometimes I have a particular quilt in mind, and sometimes I just stick to one or two color families.

Here are some pictures of my latest stash building fun in Des Moines at the AQS show. (Maybe I did go a little overboard!)

Silks, Satins and Cottons


 Robert Kaufman striped Batik


 Kaffe Ikat


Jinney Beyer (from the Fons and Porter warehouse sale)


Benartex


 Sew Batik & Starr Design (both Hand Dyed)


 Cherrywood Hand Dyed


 Liberty Homestead Hand Dyed


Comments

vivian said…
Gorgeous fabric! Can't wait to see what you make! I especially like the Kaffe fabric. Looks like you had fun! :)
liz said…
You may have gone slightly overboard, but that is a sign of a true quilter, isn't it?